Hey! I am so glad you stopped by to check out my recent bakes. My name is Kelsey. I have dedicated 2021 to baking from my favorite baking publication – Bake from Scratch. Each quarter is dedicated to one main category of baking: cakes, breads, pies/pastries, cookies/miscellaneous. I am so excited to learn how to master (or try to master) each of these. Follow me along on my journey!
Strawberry season here in Kentucky is in its prime during June which really made me crave a fresh, light, cold strawberry pie. I knew what I was looking for but didn’t know where to find it. I searched and searched, I looked through Pioneer Woman recipes, Bake from Scratch recipes, Martha Stewart recipes… I just could find exactly what I wanted. By chance I looked into my own bookshelf of recipe books and found a booklet of family recipes. I never thought I would find the strawberry pie I dreamed about written by my grandmother!! Not only is this one of my favorite recipes now and most delicious strawberry pies I’ve ever tasted, it is also so sentimental to me!
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups water
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jello
- red food coloring
- Pre-bake pie shell, click here for recipe.
- Wash, drain and hull strawberries. Place in a cooled, baked pie shell.
- Add sugar, jello and water in a saucepan. Whisk in cornstarch and cook until thick. Stirring constantly.
- Add food coloring and lemon juice.
- Pour mixture over strawberries, chill until set.
The gallery below shows step-by-step photos of my baking process.
Shop the products I mentioned and love!