Hey! I am so glad you stopped by to check out my recent bakes. My name is Kelsey. I have dedicated 2021 to baking from my favorite baking publication – Bake from Scratch. Each quarter is dedicated to one main category of baking: cakes, breads, pies/pastries, cookies/miscellaneous. I am so excited to learn how to master (or try to master) each of these. Follow me along on my journey!
I have several go-to recipes for times when I have friends over, potlucks, and other get-togethers. This is one of those recipes! These cookies aren’t anything fancy but they are very easy to make and are liked by all. The recipe is from Nestle, I found it on the back of a Nestle’s semi-sweet chocolate chip bag but I don’t typically see it on the back of them anymore. Thankfully Google is a great friend of mine so I always have it available, and now so do you! If you have not tried a double-chocolate chip recipe yet, this is the one for you!
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Nestlé Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased (or parchment lined) baking sheets.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until cookies are puffed.
- Cook on baking sheets for 2 minutes, remove wire racks to cool completely.
The gallery below shows step-by-step photos of my baking process.
Shop the products I mentioned and love!