Hey! I am so glad you stopped by to check out my recent bakes. My name is Kelsey. I love baking all things but especially pies and pastries. Follow me along on my journey!
I have made this recipe at least 10 times, I usually don’t go back to recipes because I like trying new things. But this French Silk Pie… it is perfection! It is also really easy which is a huge plus. If you have never had a French Silk Pie, it truly lives up to its name. The chocolate filling is SO silky, my husband described it as “feathery” haha! It is a very rich dessert but because it is so silky smooth you can accidentally eat more than you planned haha
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, room temp
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 pre-baked pie crust
- Garnish with whipped cream and shaved dark chocolate
- In small saucepan, whisk sugar and eggs until blended. Cook over low heat until mixture reaches 160ºF.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In stand mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture and beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat cream on high until it begins to thicken, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks.
- Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into cooled pie crust.
- Garnish with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, about 4 hours or overnight.
The video below shows a quick step-by-step process.
Shop the products I used to make this recipe!