Hey! I am so glad you stopped by to check out my recent bakes. My name is Kelsey. I love baking all things but especially pies and pastries. Follow me along on my journey!
If you are looking for a super easy and quick way to make your home smell like Christmas, you should try this stovetop potpourri! It’s the perfect way to get in the holiday spirit. The best thing about it is that you can use anything you have around your house. Below I have listed what I used in this specific pot but there are tons of other options as well.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 tsp. whole cloves
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cups water
- Add all ingredients to a dutch oven or large pot.
- Simmer on low all day, add water as needed.
- You can reuse this mix for 2-3 days, 3-4 if you refrigerate it at night.
There are really only two main components to a stovetop potpourri: citrus and spices. You can add whatever you have to create a really beautiful and aromatic potpourri. Here are some ideas!
- Citrus – lemons, oranges, grapefruits, mandarin oranges (cuties), tangerines, etc.
- Spices – cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, cardamom pods, star anise, grated nutmeg, grated ginger, etc. If you don’t have whole spices, you can use ground spices (think about using a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice!)
- Other additions – apples, rosemary leaves, thyme leaves, cranberries, vanilla extract, sage leaves, bay leaf, etc.
Shop the products I mentioned and love!